• This is the third meetings at the World Championships between these nations. France won both previous meetings (3-0 in 1982 and 3-1 in 2006).
• France and Australia also met in the final of the Final Four of the 2014 World League. Australia won that match 3-2 in Sydney.
• France have won their last eight World Championship matches against AVC nation. Their last defeat was against Korea in 1982.Australia
• Australia have won only two of their last 17 matches at the World Championships and four in total (29 total matches).
• Their only victory in straight sets was against Cameroon in their opener this year.
• They have yet to lose a World Championship match in five sets (played two and won both).France
• France can equal their record of winning five successive World Championship matches set in 1970.
• France have won six of their last seven World Championship matches, losing only to Italy in the first group stage.
• France have won only one of their last nine World Championship matches in straight sets. That was their opener against Puerto Rico.