· This will be the second meeting at the world championship between these two teams. In 1986 Bulgaria defeated Egypt in straight sets.
· Bulgaria and Egypt were drawn in the same Pool at the 2006 World League. All four matches in the Intercontinental Round were won by Bulgaria in straight sets.
· Their most recent meeting at a great tournament came at the 2007 World Cup with Bulgaria beating Egypt 3-1. This was only the second set Egypt took against Bulgaria at a great tournament. Their first won set came back in 1958 at the European Championship.
· Bulgaria have won all four matches against African sides at the World Championship. This includes one encounter against Egypt.
· In their four matches against African countries at the World Championship, Bulgaria have lost just a single set. In 2002, Tunisia won the first set, but lost the match (3-1).
· Bulgaria can record their 50th straight set win at the world championship.
· Egypt can lose eight matches in a row at the world championship for the first time. They also lost seven in a row in 1998-2006.
· Their last win came against Iran (3-0) in 2010.
· Egypt can suffer consecutive straight set defeats for the first time since 2002 (vs Venezuela and Brazil).