Germany can win four matches in a row for the first time since four wins in 2006
• Both teams have defeated each other once at the world championship. In 1956 Germany (GDR) won in straight sets and in 1982 Korea Republic won in straight sets.
• The last time Germany and Korea met at a major tournament was in the 1994 World League, with both sides winning twice.
• Germany can win four matches in a row for the first time since four wins in 2006.
• That is their longest winning run as unified Germany
• They have won two matches in a row by a 3-1 scoreline. The last time they recorded three wins in a row by the same scoreline was in 1974-1978, when GDR won three consecutive matches in straight sets
• Korea Republic can lose four matches in a row for the first time since six defeats in 1998.
• They can play two five-set matches in a row for the first time since three in a row in 1956.
• They have won six of their 16 five-set matches.