• Poland have defeated France in each of their previous three matches at the World Championship. Poland won all of those three matches in straight sets.
• All of the three matches above took place between 1949 and 1960.
• Their three meetings in 2013, in the World League (twice) and at the European Championship, were all won by France.
• Poland will reach the third round unless they lose to France by 3-0 or 3-1 and Iran beat Serbia by 3-0 or 3-1 and United States win.
• Poland have won seven of their eight matches in this tournament and have only lost to United States.
• Poland are looking for their second world championship title. They won the trophy in 1974.
• France have already qualified for the third round and are certain to finish in the top six. Including this tournament, they will have finished in the top six in three of the last four world championships.
• France’s best finish in the competition is third place in 2002.
• France have won their last five matches. This is their longest winning streak in the competition since 1970 (also five).