• Brazil and Bulgaria have met 12 times at the World Championship, with Brazil winning seven times.
• Brazil have won all of their World Championship meetings with Bulgaria by either 3-0 or 3-1.
• Their last meeting in the competition came in 2010 with Bulgaria winning in straight sets. This victory by Bulgaria followed three consecutive wins by Brazil. Brazil
• Brazil finished first in Pool B winning all five matches and are now on a nine-match winning streak in the competition.
• Brazil can win 10 consecutive World Championship matches for the fourth time in team history.
• They can record their 99th win at the World Championship.Bulgaria
• Bulgaria won three of their five matches in the first round and finished third in Pool C behind Russia and Canada.
• Their last two matches went to five sets winning the former and losing the latter. They can lose two five-setters in a row for the second time in the competition after 2002.
• The last time and only time Bulgaria played three five-setters in a row was back in 1962 alternating the results: W-L-W.