• This will be the sixth meeting at the World Championships, but the first in 28 years, when Brazil won the only time. China won all other four meetings.
• None of the five matches have been in straight sets.
• Their last meeting at a major tournament was at the 2011 World Cup when Brazil won 3-2.Brazil
• Brazil need one more victory to reach their 100th at the World Championships.
• They can become the second nation to reach the century mark following Russia (including Soviet Union).
• Brazil have won 10 matches in a row and can win 11 consecutive World Championship matches for the first time since winning 12 in a row between 1994 and 1998.China
• China have lost their last four World Championship matches in straight sets and can lose five consecutive matches by a 3-0 scoreline for the first time since 1986-1994.
• Their only victories in their last 10 matches were against Egypt and Mexico, their first two matches this season.
• China have played twice at the World Championships on 11 September. In 1965 they lost 3-0 against Romania and in 1966, they defeated Hungary 3-2.