• This will be the first match between Australia and United States at the World Championships.
• USA have won all three encounters at major competitions, most recently a 3-1 victory in their gold medal winning campaign in the 2014 World League.Australia
• Australia have won two matches so far at the 2014 World Championships. They had a total of two wins at the World Championships in all of their previous 23 matches.
• They can lose three matches in a row for the second time these World Championships after consecutive defeats against Poland, Serbia and Argentina.
• USA can win four consecutive matches at the World Championships for the first time since eight in 1998-2002.
• They have won their last three matches by a 3-1 scoreline. The last time they won four matches in a row by the same scoreline was in 1982, when they won four matches in a row in straight sets.
• Taylor Sander (129) and Matthew Anderson (123) only trail France's Antonin Rouzier as top scorers at the 2014 championships. Australia's Thomas Edgar has scored 122 points.