Katowice, Poland, September 18, 2014 - The last match in FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship Pool G sees France take on Iran. France won their first Round 3 match against Germany, while Iran lost to Germany.
• Iran and France will meet for the third time at the world championship. In 1970, France defeated Iran in straight sets and in this year's round one France won 3-1.
• Antonin Rouzier and Earvin Ngapeth scored the most points in that 3-1 win on 4 September (19).
• France are currently on a nine-match winning streak at the world championship against teams from Asia (AVC).France
• France have won eight matches at the 2014 World Championship and need one more victory to better their record total of eight wins in 2006.
• In their 14 previous world championship participations, France have reached the semifinals only once. In 2002, they lost 3-2 against Russia and eventually third.
• France have not won back-to-back world championship matches in straight sets since 1990, when they beat Venezuela and Japan in the group stage.Iran
• Iran can lose two matches in a row at the world championships for the first time since the last match of 2006 and the first match of 2010.
• That was also the last time the lost two matches in a row in straight sets.
• A win would mean Iran's 50th set win at the world championship. They are currently on 47 set wins.