• France have won two and lost two matches against Germany at the world championships.
• They won 3-0 against Germany in the third group phase on 16 September.
• France and Germany have exchanged wins in their last six encounters at all major tournaments: W-L-W-L-W-L-W from France's perspective.
• France can win their second bronze medal in history and equal their best ranking at the world championship after winning bronze against Yugoslavia (3-0) in 2002.
• France need one more win to reach 10 victories at the 2014 world championship. Their current nine wins are already a record for the team at a single edition, beating their previous best of eight in 2006.
• France have played 139 world championship matches and their set balance is 256-256.
• Germany will finish in the top four for the first time since 1974 (East Germany), when they finished fourth.
• They have won the tournament once, in 1970, when competing as East Germany.
• Their best result as unified Germany came at the 2010 world championship, eighth.
• Germany's last six results have alternated: W-L-W-L-W-L.
• At the 2014 world championship, they have won two (vs Finland and Bulgaria) and lost three (vs Russia, France, Poland) matches against European teams.