France can collect their 66th win, which would equal their number of defeats (66) at the world championship
• In their only clash at the world championship (1978), France defeated Belgium in straight sets.
• France have won five of their seven matches against Belgium at major events, including a straight-sets win in this year's World League semifinal of the Group 2 Finals.
• Belgium's last win vs France (3-1) came at the 2011 European Championship.
• France can collect their 66th win, which would equal their number of defeats (66) at the world championship.
• They have won four of their last five matches.
• France have won 14 and lost only four of their 18 matches at world championship and World League in 2014.
• Three of these four defeats came in their last three five-set matches. They have won one match that was decided in a fifth set, against Argentina in the World League.
• Belgium have lost four of their last five world championship matches and seven of their last nine.
• They have won match at the 2014 world championship, two short of the three they won in their previous WCh campaign in 1978.
• They have suffered at least one straight-sets defeat at each of their previous seven world championships. Their last straight sets-defeat in a competitive match in 2014 came against France in the World League semifinal of the Group 2 Finals.