Lodz, Poland, September 16, 2014 - Tournament hosts Poland take on undefeated title-holders Brazil at the Atlas Arena in Lodz at 20:25 (local time). Stay with us for live updates from the match
· Poland and Brazil have met seven times at the World Championship. Poland was victorious in their first three meetings (1960-1970), Brazil won the last four (1978-2010).
· Brazil's four victories all came in straight sets.
· Their 2006 meeting was the final of the World Championship, which ended in a straight set victory for Brazil.
· Poland and Brazil also met at the 2014 World League, with both teams winning twice.Poland
· Poland finished second in Pool E (2nd round) with six wins and one loss. This will be their 10th top 6 finish in history and their second in the last 28 years.
· They have won their last two matches in five sets (vs Iran and France) and can win three five-setters in a row for the second time after 1974.
· Poland are looking to become the first hosts to win the competition since Czechoslovakia in 1966.
· Brazil are the only team left in the competition to have won all of their matches and finished on top of Pool F (2nd round) with those figures.
· Combined with their four wins at the end of the 2010 World Championship, Brazil are on their longest winning streak in the competition (13 matches).
· They could become the first team to remain undefeated at the World Championship since the Soviet Union in 1982.
· Brazil are guaranteed a finish in the top 6 for the 10th consecutive World Championship.