· These teams have met three times previously at the world championship (1956, 1990 and 1998).
· Brazil won all of those encounters in straight sets.
· Their last encounter at a world level came in the 2010 World League. Brazil won. After losing their first ever match against Korea in the World League in 1992, Brazil reeled off 13 successive wins in that competition.
· Remarkably and for all of their futility against Brazil, Korea hold the upper hand over them at the Olympic Games (four wins and two defeats).
· Korea Republic started this tournament with a win against Tunisia. After that there were back-to-back losses against Finland and Cuba.
· Korea Republic have now lost four of their last five World Championship encounters.
· Korea Republic have won only one World Championship match (out of six) against South American countries. In 1990, they defeated Venezuela (3-0).
· Brazil can win five straight set matches in a row at the world championship. They last achieved this in 2006.
· They can clinch their 70th straight sets win at the world championship.
· Brazil have conceded only one set in their last six matches.