· These teams have met twice before at the world championship (1970 and 2010), with Cuba winning both matches in straight sets.
· Cuba have won all eight world level matches they have played against Tunisia. This includes four meetings at the world cup and two in the World League.
· Earlier this year, they met twice in the World League. Cuba won by 3-1 (in Mexico) and 3-0 (in Tunisia) respectively.
· Cuba started the tournament with two defeats. Their third match ended in a 3-1 victory over Korea Republic.
· Cuba have won all World Championship matches against African sides in straight sets. This includes two matches against Tunisia.
· Outside the World Championship, Cuba have never lost a set against African sides at world level.
· Tunisia have lost their last six world championship matches and can lose seven in a row for the first time since 1974-1982, when they recorded 19 consecutive defeats.
· Their last win was against Puerto Rico in the second group stage in 2006.
· They can lose their 50th match in world championship history. They have won 12.