Big day for Poland coach Stephane Antiga when his team plays three-time world champions Brazil in the final of the FIVB Volleyball Men's World Championship
• Brazil and Poland have each won four of the eight encounters against each other, with Poland winning the last one 3-2, at these world championships on 16 September.
• That is Brazil's only defeat in their last 16 world championship matches.
• Brazil beat Poland 3-0 in the Final of the 2006 edition.
• They also faced each other four times in this year's World League, each winning twice.
• Brazil have previously reached the world championship final four times, including the last three (2002-2006-2010) which they all went on to win. In 1982, they lost the final to Soviet Union.
• They are looking to become the first nation to win four consecutive World Championship titles.
• The only other country to win three World Championship titles in a row is Italy (1990, 1994 and 1998), who were then dethroned by Brazil.
• Brazil have won 15 of their last 16 matches, with their only loss coming against Poland (3-2) in this year's third round on 16 September.
• Poland are aiming to win their third medal at the world championship. They won the tournament in 1974 and took the silver medal in 2006.
• They won their only previous semifinal, beating Bulgaria 3-1 in 2006.
• Poland have lost just one match at the 2014 world championship, 3-1 against United States on 10 September.
• The only other team to have lost only one match at this tournament is Brazil, who lost against Poland.
• Poland played the very first at this world championship and they will play the very last match.